Several online aligments can be done at the EMBL-EBI
Sequence similarity searches
INTERNATIONAL UNION OF PURE AND APPLIED CHEMISTRY (IUPAC)
Good starting points for on-line analysis:
123genomics has an extended collection of links.
- MicrobesOnline includes gene expression data from microarrays: you can view up-regulated or
down-regulated genes or operons, and you can view changes in expression patterns in
a metabolic map.
Prokaryotic promoter prediction
DNA/RNA fold prediction
Protein Translator for
determining the protein sequence encoded by a DNA or RNA sequence.
Restriction mapper for
determining the locations of restriction sites in a given DNA sequence.
Finder for locating sequences matching a particular pattern in a given DNA sequence. Includes REVERSE
Massager for formatting and otherwise manipulating nucleic acid sequences.
for translating top secret messages into DNA format and back.
Recombiner for recombining any two input sequences. User enters a window size, and a probability
value for recombination if the two sequences match within the sliding window.
PCR Master Mix
Calculator for figuring out the amounts of each reagent to use in a two-dimensional box titration for
Database of sequences of control DNA molecules.
TagIdent tool (formerly
TagIdent is a tool which allows
- the generation of a list of proteins close to a given pI and Mw,
- the identification of proteins by matching a short sequence tag of up to 6 amino acids against
proteins in the UniProt Knowledgebase (Swiss-Prot and TrEMBL) databases close to a given pI and Mw,
- the identification of proteins by their mass, if this mass has been determined by mass
A gene network for navigating the literature. Get a description here.
- As the halflife time of the web severs offering the EMBOSS explorer is relatively short you may want to
do a do a Google search for "EMBOSS explorer" or have a look at the List of EMBOSS servers (based on
ProFunc - prediction of protein function from 3D structure, at EMBL-EBI
Are you working with membrane proteins(?):
Chemistry related stuff